Not a registered user? Sign up to learn more about everything Car Ancestry has to offer and be the first to find out about new features!
Car Ancestry receives your personal information
- When you register for your user profile
- When you interact with your profile and other users on CarAncestry.com
- Email Address
- Location (City, State Zip)
- Details about your first car
- Adding biographical information to your profile
- Adding information about your cars
- Uploading photos to your profile
- Interacting with other users
As the user, you have complete control over the information to do and do not choose to disclose, but please be advised that your Car Ancestry user experience may suffer should you withhold information.
How Personal Information Is Used
Car Ancestry is dedicated to providing the ultimate social experience to car lovers around the world. As such, your information will be used to maintain your optimal user environment by way of
- Maintaining site security;
- Providing additional features and enhancements;
- Developing a better understanding of your interests;
- Providing you with relevant information and search results.
Car Ancestry was designed to foster the uninhibited sharing of stories and pictures among car enthusiasts around the world, and maintaining the safety of that atmosphere is of utmost concern. As a registered user of Car Ancestry, we invite you to participate in our community and ask that you adhere to these friendly social principles:
- You must not upload or contribute content or otherwise disseminate information that may be injurious, violent, offensive, racist, sexist or xenophobic, or otherwise intended to purposefully hurt others;
- You should report any content contributed by other users that you find to be in violation of these principles to help maintain our safe social environment.
Car Ancestry's Administrator Responsibilities
To ensure that Car Ancestry is able to provide a safe and secure environment for our users, we are committed to
- Maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards compliant with federal guidelines to protect our users' confidential information from unauthorized external access or use, according to prudent security standards;
- Maintaining internal security standards, ensuring that all Car Ancestry employees practice a corporate code of ethics requiring strict adherence to confidentiality guidelines and procedures;
- Maintaining a friendly user environment by monitoring violent, offensive, abusive or otherwise inappropriate content and encouraging the active cooperation of our users to do the same.